Syns per portion: Extra Easy Free, Red Free (without rice), Green Free
- Selection of vegetables (I used broccoli, red pepper, cauliflower, peas, potato, courgette)
- 1/4 onion
- 100g passata
- 100ml veg stock
- 1 heaped teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 level teaspoon garam masala
- Cook any frozen or root vegetables until ready and cut into bite size pieces. If using fresh veg such as peppers or courgette there is no need to cook first.
- Meanwhile fry onion in a large pan with a few sprays of frylight.
- Add the curry powder, garam masala and veg stock and simmer for a few minutes till the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add all the vegetables and stir through the stock.
- Add the passata and stir though. Reduce the heat and allow mixture to cook and thicken to desired consistency.
- Garnish with some coriander and serve with rice.
Here are a few notes I made about this recipe:
- Other veg that can be used is butternut squash, baby sweetcorn, mushrooms
- I used Tescos medium curry powder, but you can get spices milder or hotter versions in most supermarket.
- Remember to syn your ice if using this on a red day