Thursday 12 January 2012

Oat and Yoghurt Layer


Serves 1

Syns per portion: Extra Easy 1, Red 1, Green 1
(using oats as a Healthy extra B)

Ingredients

  • 35g porridge oats (not the instant kind)
  • 1 large banana
  • 150g pot of fat free natural yoghurt
  • 1 level tsp sugar (1 syn)
Method
  1. Mix the porridge oats with the sugar and place under a medium grill for 3-4 min until toasted, turning occasionally as they brown. (keep an eye on them as they start to burn quickly!)
  2. Meanwhile chop the banana into small chunks. Add the yoghurt, stir to mix.
  3. Take a glass pot or small drinking glass and alternate layers of yoghurt mixture and oats, finishing with a sprinkling of oats on top.
I highly recommend this as a breakfast or even just a tasty pudding. It needs a little attention to make sure the oats don't burn (can you tell I didn't pay attention the first time I cooked them, my house was stinking of burnt oats for a good few hours!) it's actually a rather quick dish. I was pleasantly surprised by how tasty the dish was, and it certainly hit a spot with my sweet tooth.

Here are a few notes I made about this recipe:
  • Do not mash the banana during step two as it would need to be counted as 4 syns according to the slimming world rules.
  • You can replace with sugar with sweetener to make this dish syn free. Personally I try not to use sweeteners and just limit how much natural sugar I use instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment