Syns per portion: Extra Easy 1, Red 1, Green 1
(using oats as a Healthy extra B)
- 35g porridge oats (not the instant kind)
- 1 large banana
- 150g pot of fat free natural yoghurt
- 1 level tsp sugar (1 syn)
- Mix the porridge oats with the sugar and place under a medium grill for 3-4 min until toasted, turning occasionally as they brown. (keep an eye on them as they start to burn quickly!)
- Meanwhile chop the banana into small chunks. Add the yoghurt, stir to mix.
- Take a glass pot or small drinking glass and alternate layers of yoghurt mixture and oats, finishing with a sprinkling of oats on top.
Here are a few notes I made about this recipe:
- Do not mash the banana during step two as it would need to be counted as 4 syns according to the slimming world rules.
- You can replace with sugar with sweetener to make this dish syn free. Personally I try not to use sweeteners and just limit how much natural sugar I use instead.